Saturday, October 30, 2010

So far...

The ONE truth from my 6 statements is... Next year, I will be celebrating my 25th wedding anniversary.  Most of you got it right.  Kayla, you are right, the other lies could be truths but not mine however.  Ms. Croker, swimming with the dolphins could remain in my dreams for now.  I am praying it can be my truth... someday.  Yup my 25th anniversary is coming up next year.   Now, now, don't be counting the years.  Let's just say I got married when I was 2!  Ahahahahaha!

English 101 is the only class I am attending this semester.  I knew that I will really enjoy the class but I didn't realize how much reading and writing we have to do!  For me, it has been quite a while since I had to do so much reading and writing.  I do like to write, but lately it has been mostly "social writing" (if there is such a thing.)  Just how other students have 4-5 classes while working full-time amazes me.  When I start to complain about how I am having a hard time reading and writing for English 101, I just think about them and tell myself that I don't have the right to complain.  I do have a special admiration for their commitment to getting a good education even if they already have jobs... not to mention taking care of their families too.  Whew!  Just the thought of it exhausts me already.  To all those who are doing it, I salute you and hang in there.

Fast Food Nation is now getting to be such an interesting book.  I am now wanting to read on and on until the end.  I actually think twice or thrice before eating fast food now.  After this book, I probably have to re-think about how dependent I have become on fast food.  After this book, perhaps I will promote healthier alternatives to my family as well as my co-workers.

We are on the homestretch in our class.  I don't know how I am going to finish my final paper though.  I am actually so nervous about it that I get the "shakes" when I try to work on it.  Hopefully, Essay #4 would ease my anxiety.

So far... everything is GREAT!

10 comments:

  1. english classes theres always a lot of work but i like the way everything is schedualed so we have more relaxed time for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking a lot of classes isn't THAT bad while working. Just this semester is murder for some reason. I don't have any time to do anything else. I hope you do well on your paper. If you are nervous about it then that means you are thinking about it a lot. You will come up with better ideas for your paper so it will be fine. Good look

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think twice before eating fast food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roweena--breathe deep--you'll do great on Essay #4!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could of only taken english 101 this semester. Then I might of been getting a decient grade.. lol.. and I think croker just wants us to give up meat, so we would be like her.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Essay number four has ben pretty hard for me to Rowena! -__-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rowena I am a fast food addict and on Monday for the first time in my life I said no to McDonald's I just couldn't!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rowena, Well I guess their will be more potlucks at work. No more fast food....

    ReplyDelete
  9. The research paper is what I am concerned about as well, but there is always extra help for those who seek it. Good job and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the anniversary!
    I think basically everybody had some trouble with essay #4, but just hang in there. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete