Sunday, September 19, 2010

Face to face with VINCENT MICHAEL TECHAIRA SALAS

In my brief interview with Vincent, he struck me as one kid who will not offend anybody even if his actions might be considered offensive by most.  It’s his personality of being cheerful and happy that convinced me that he must be a “confident in his own skin” person.  He is a self-pronounced gay person, and he is proud of that. 

Vincent is an 18 year old, full-time freshman.  Except for English, he attends all his other classes at Ventura College.  Though raised by his aunt and uncle, he considers them as his true parents (vs. biological).  He affectionately calls them Mom and Dad.  Vincent, through the guidance of his Mom and Dad, have grown to have deep family values.  Needless to say, Vincent’s driving force to succeed and do well in school is his parents.

He admitted that Beyonce was one person he admired.  What does he like about her?  It’s her determination and “don’t care what other people think” attitude.  Her focus on succeeding was a trait Vincent wanted to imbibe in himself.

Vincent is still undecided on what to major in college.  He foresees himself with a career in marketing, retailing or merchandising in the fashion industry.  He is leaning more towards a business degree.   With his attitude and determination, I am sure that he will attain his goals.

I asked him what three words would he describe himself.  “Respectful, fierce and fabulous,” is what he replied.  I couldn’t agree more.

11 comments:

  1. I really like the way you wrote this interview. You came across compassionate and knowledgeable with your vocabulary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you wrote everything it seems like you really know eachother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you find out why he takes all his classes at VC except English?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats pretty cool, I'm leaning towards a business degree too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not quite sure what major I will have yet either, but i also have something in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to know the answer to Cody's question! Could it be because of the awesome English teachers at OC?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed reading your interview. From reading your blog I feel like I know Vincent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You explained Vincent in such a wonderful way. He seems to be a pretty great person and full of life. Great interview.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great interview by reading your blog I can tell you really got to know him!

    ReplyDelete